Wednesday 6 August 2014

Midsummer Madness.

Summer is now more than half over. 

Where did all that time go? It feels like no time at all since I moved back down to Devon but I guess that's what happens when you're busy.

July has been a packed month. My girlfriend and I spent a couple of amazing weeks together, including a fantastic day at The Eden Project in Cornwall, experiencing the different biomes and collecting vast quantities of foliage ref. I've been visiting friends. Riding my bike. I'm still working to earn some extra cash and still attending my life drawing classes.

CarbOthello Pencils in A4 Sketchbook

While the sun is out, I've been aiming to improve my drawing ability by going out and sketching.

An old, abandoned quarry near Hay Tor on Dartmoor.

And even occasionally when the sun isn't out.

View of Totnes High Street from The Barrel House.


But the main reason I haven't posted in a while is that I've been between computers. Thanks to my wonderfully supportive family, I was able to build an extremely powerful, Mini-ITX workstation, which will see me through the next few years of uni and beyond. You can find pictures and more information about the build here.

As for the summer project, I haven't forgotten about it. However I've found it extremely difficult to progress past the early stages. I put this mostly down to insufficient knowledge of UDK. So, to remedy this, I've been looking at some tutorials and playing around with the included Unreal Tournament content.


My goal was to introduce myself to lighting, particle effects, post-processing, volumes, animating and sound in UDK. While I do feel a bit guilty about neglecting the summer project, I'm now much more confident and clear minded moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment