Tuesday 7 April 2015

Easter Holidays, Year 2: 'Time Off'.

It has been an exhausting second term, so I was quite ready for a bit of time off. So I've been chilling out and enjoying the Easter break. Catching up on some games, watching a few films and scrambling to finish reading Game of Thrones before the new series airs. But don't let me give you the impression, that I've spent the last couple of weeks in pyjamas with my feet up, I've really been quite busy.

It seems we've had everything dropped on us at once, and as we approach the end of the year, there is a lot to do. There's an essay to write, a presentation to put together and of course, the elephant in the room, Off the Map. I'm also redoing my character project from earlier this year, which as you may remember, was a total disaster.

Even though characters are not my thing, I'm enjoying redoing it and I'm happy to have the chance to do it properly this time around. I'm only doing one character this time, because I want to do it well and I have quite a few other projects consuming my time.


This week I completed most of the sculpting process. I received some great crit from my peers and I'm finishing it up this afternoon. It's my first real project in ZBrush and I feel it's going well. I've already spent some time with the software, so I'm over the initial frustrations and still finding it enjoyable to use.

And last week, I finished a painting.


I'm really pleased with it. I feel like I've finally found a painting process I enjoy, with which I can achieve good results. Now I need to practice and get faster. It's nowhere near perfect, but the next one will be better.


Oh and I also spruced up my blog and tried to make everything a bit more readable. Let me know what you think and see you back at uni!

No comments:

Post a Comment