Tuesday 17 March 2015

Week 24, Year 2: A Big Fat Cloud of Misery.

Nothing works. The weeks keep going by and things keep breaking. As we cross the half way mark on our Off the Map project, I feel my enthusiasm eroding steadily by the day. Some of the problems we've encountered in our level seem to have no resolution, despite us trying every possible fix we can think of. Spending the majority of my time trying to find solutions to technical problems is extremely wearisome and I've been feeling less like an artist as the project progresses.

At least things are starting to come together though and it's beginning to feel like we're approaching a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it's very faint right now. I've moved on from blueprints and effects, to creating assets of my own and that's a huge relief, it feels like I'm actually creating something.

On Monday, I went to London. I went to renew my passport at the French embassy and spent the day with my mum and sister. Even though it was meant to be a day off, it was the most inspired and motivated I've felt in weeks. I took a pen out and drew at every opportunity.


This year has been challenging. Staying motivated and inspired has been difficult at times, but that's beyond the scope of this blog post. Fortunately, we've just been set an extended writing piece, so I'll cover this topic in more detail there, and put some thought in to how I can be more positive moving forward. I'm sure by the time I've finished writing it, I'll feel right as rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment