Tuesday 20 January 2015

Week 16, Year 2: Cracking on with Container City.

Another week has flown by and we've been making steady progress on our Container City. Everyone in the team is working really hard and despite what you may think after seeing last week's picture, spirits are high.

On Thursday we gave a short presentation to our tutors, to review our progress and discuss how we intend to move forward. It went really well! The feedback we received was very positive and it was a big relief to get the go ahead before fully committing ourselves to our 'Oasis' level.

Oasis, work in progress.

We also received some useful suggestions, which were promptly added to the to-do list. Mostly minor changes, but the most significant improvement suggested, was adding a vista and background elements. Currently the level does feel quite isolated, so this is definitely a high priority.

On another positive note, I found some time for personal work this week! It's masquerading as course work but its part of a tutorial I'm working through. I'm really pleased with it and I'm happy I got to do some painting this week.


And it's not the only painting I did. Prior to Thursday's presentation, I was working on some alternative themes to fall back on, should our primary idea get canned. Fortunately, they weren't needed, but I finished them off anyway for a bit of fun and practice.


Container City, alternative themes.

But the majority of my working hours this week, have been spent modelling and unwrapping the 'master container'. These 25 unique components will make up the various containers and container parts that make up Oasis.

Exploded container components.

This week has felt steadily productive and I'm particularly pleased that I managed to make time for some personal work. Next week is the final post before the deadline, but I'm hoping I still make time for painting. As long as nothing goes horribly wrong *fingers crossed*, I'm certain I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment